- Assist faculty in integrating educational technologies into the curriculum to increase active learning.
- Supports and trains faculty and staff in all dual enrollment and college readiness programs, including, but not limited to, the university’s Early College High School partnerships such as Dunbar H.S., Mansfield H.S. and others.
- Develops, schedules, and delivers training programs for faculty focused on the effective use of instructional technology in the classroom to advance their knowledge and effectiveness in using technology. Reviews training survey responses and modifies delivery of future programs to adapt to trainees’ needs.
- Support and train faculty in using the learning management system.
- Provides “real-time” support and expertise to instructors, enabling them to integrate new technologies into their teaching.
- Collaborates with faculty, information technology personnel, and academic support staff in researching, planning and implementing new technology initiatives in support of educational goals.
- Assists faculty in the development of new media applications and redesign of existing course content.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Information Technology, or other related field required; Master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years instructional technology experience in higher education preferred.
Prior experience as an instructional technologist or technical trainer required. Experience working with faculty and providing support in a higher education setting. Experience developing and delivering workshops on educational technology including experience in presenting, discussing and applying educational theory into practice preferred. Familiarity with learning management systems such as Blackboard, Canvas or Desire to Learn.
If interested please apply: https://txwes.peopleadmin.com/postings/2255