Thursday, April 2, 2015
Game the System™ - The Basics of How and Why to Gamify Your Training Programs
Wouldn't it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension to the small business training you offer? What would it look like to include game elements such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, and leaderboards… to drive participation, engagement and long-term clients?
Play along on the Game the System™ game board as this hands-on session takes you through the 5-step process of gamifiying a training program.
In this workshop you’ll learn how to:
- Define your measurable business objectives and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
- Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable – so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
- Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
- Identify the game elements (points, badges, leaderboards, etc.) and game mechanics (chance, competition, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
- Construct a consistent, attractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
- Answer the question: Is it fun?
A gamification keynote speaker and designer, Monica Cornetti is rated as the #1 Gamification Guru in the World by UK-Based Leaderboarded. She is the Founder and CEO of Sententia a global consortium of gamification professionals that is the ONLY organization to offer a Gamification Certification for Human Resource and Talent Development specialists that is recognized and approved by HRCI, SHRM, and ATD credits.
Monica hosts a weekly Gamification Talk Radio program, The Gamification Report blog, and is the author of the book Totally Awesome Training Activity Guide: Put Gamification to Work for You. Monica’s niche is gamification used within the corporate environment.
Connect with Monica (@monicacornetti) www.monicacornetti.com
This meeting will start at 6:30 PM at the
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW West - Hurst
820 Thousand Oaks Drive
Hurst, Texas 76054
Map (Near Hwy 183 and Precinct Line)
In May, Angie Sanders of Southwest Airlines will speak on Employee Engagement in a Nutshell.