JPS Health Network: Sr.Learning and OD Consultant Non-Clinical
Location: 1350 S. Main Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Req #: 14704
**Please read the description carefully and the instructions at the end**
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital and more than 40 community-based clinics, including 19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multi-specialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
The Sr. Learning & OD Consultant (Non-Clinical) will design, implement, and facilitate workforce learning and development solutions across the Network through multiple learning modalities. This role will have responsibility for conducting learning needs assessment, assessment of intervention strategies, and communicating with Learning Leadership regarding effectiveness of learning programs. The incumbent will also lead a variety of instructor-led trainings for various employee types (front-line, team lead/supervisor, manager/director, executive) and conduct team-based interventions for units across the network – leading to improved performance, engagement, and teamwork. The Sr. Learning & OD Consultant will primarily focus on higher-level leadership development, the development and implementation of organizational-wide learning strategies, and also serve in a lead capacity for a variety of learning and OD projects and initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and facilitates higher level leadership development programs.
- Serves as a Master Trainer providing training and coaching to learning consultants and leaders.
- Provides executive-level/leader-level coaching and mentoring in the areas of leadership development, communication, conflict management, change management, accountability, etc.
- Aids in the management and deployment of OD-specific strategies and initiatives (i.e. performance management, career development planning, workforce development, internal mobility, etc.)
- Serves as a Learning and OD Subject Matter Expert (SME) – assisting leaders and departments in the creation and deployment of classes, interventions, trainings, and other learning strategies.
- Consults with leaders across the Network to assess, trend, and analyze the learning needs of employees and teams based on current and future strategic plans – and develops appropriate learning solutions.
- Manage and lead a specific learning program – while also assisting and facilitating in all other programs.
- Assesses learning program participants for knowledge and behaviors learned. Develops metrics to assess the effectiveness and ROI of learning programs. Develops and produces applicable training reports.
- Stays current on learning, training, and development research (i.e. learning theory, training methods, e-learning trends, coaching techniques) and educates the learning team/network leaders on these trends.
- Serve as a Learning Management System (LMS) super-user and effectively leverage and deploy e-learning curricula and provide support/assistance to the LMS administrator when needed.
- Member of a team of consultants that lead and facilitate New Employee Orientation.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Business, Leadership, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, or related degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7 plus years of experience as an educator/instructor/trainer in an educational or corporate setting.
- 2 plus years of curriculum development experience.
- 2 plus years of previous healthcare experience.
- Strong facilitation and instructional design capabilities. Candidates selected for interview MUST provide examples of work to substantiate experience and abilities.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 10 plus years’ experience conducting instructor led learning.
- 5 plus years’ experience designing e-Learning and/or managing an LMS.
- 5 plus years’ work experience in program and/or project evaluation/assessment
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Coaching (Career or Executive) Certification.
- Instructional System Design Certification.
- Learning Evaluation and Diagnostics Certification.
- Development Dimensions International (DDI) Certification or related Facilitator Training Certification.
Apply on the JPS Health Network Careers site