Description: The RN Clinical Educator provides organization-wide clinical instruction and staff education within the specialty areas of the Inpatient Services Divisions: Correctional Health, Critical Care (ICU and PCU), Medical-Surgical, Perioperative, and Women and Children’s. RN Clinical Educator manages new hires time through direct and indirect involvement with staff orientation, competency management, role transition, in-service and continuing education to ensure learning has occurred. The RN Clinical Educator influences professional role competence, professional growth, and supports fostering a climate for learning, facilitating continuous learning for clinical staff, and enabling the adult learning process.
1. 1. Instructs clinical staff to perform nursing and patient care relative to the area of clinical
2. Develops, plans, presents and evaluates educational activities that foster the development
of competent learners through providing orientation, in-services and continuing
3. Develops an assessment process to determine learning needs and facilitates adult learning
theory to plan learning opportunities.
4. Assists in the selection of the most appropriate method to accommodate learning styles,
cultural diversity, education level, and the learning environment.
5. Identifies and acquires resources required for quality program design and delivery;
revises education programs as needed.
6. Enlists qualified instructors to plan, develop and present specialized clinical topics.
7. Evaluates, documents and reports educational activity outcomes for competency
validation and record-keeping.
8. Develops and maintains a level of clinical competence appropriate for the practice
9. May serve as subject matter expert or be trained as nurse planner for Texas Nurses
Association (TNA) Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) activities.
10. Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Masters of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area to include at least 3 plus years of
clinical preceptoring, teaching, healthcare education or staff development experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
ANCC Certification in Nursing Professional Development or within 3 years of hire.
Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
NLN Certification in Nursing Education or other training and development certifications.
ANCC Nursing Certification in area of Specialty (ex. CCRN, RN-BC, CNOR).
Advanced life support training in areas of responsibility (ACLS, PALS, NRP, STABLE,
TNCC / ENPC, etc.).
Contact Information – Lisa Bufler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via our career link
For the Critical Care Educator: https://jobs.jpshealthnet.org/job/7924904/rn-clinical-educator-critical-care-fort-worth-tx/
For the Womens Services Educator: https://jobs.jpshealthnet.org/job/8047549/rn-clinical-educator-women-s-services-fort-worth-tx/