Company: Thrive Internet Marketing Agency
Job Title: HR Manager
Job Location(s): Arlington TX
Job Description: Join the amazing team at Thrive Internet Marketing Agency! We are a high-powered digital marketing agency growing rapidly and looking for an awesome HR Manager who can partner with us as we drive forward to even more success. We are a team of approximately 100 focused, close-knit professionals who are passionate about our work and welcome an HR Manager who is committed to continually cultivating a positive, engaged and highly productive culture of exceptional people creating outstanding results for all of our clients.
As our HR Manager, you will provide a full range of strategic and hands-on HR support that includes management team business partnerships, policy development, federal and state compliance basics, and all-related human resources activities, such as recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, compensation, employee relations, benefits, training, and employee services. There are no direct reports at this time. Possible remote work 3 times a week.
- Minimum of 5 years HR generalist experience, plus at least some recruiting, benefits, training and compensation experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred
- High energy “A” player
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; may extend job offers; conducts new-employee orientations and on-boarding; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- Industry: Internet Marketing
- Educational requirements: A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related degree
Minimum of five years’ human resources generalist experience, plus at least some recruiting, benefits, training and compensation experience, or nine years of experience in the HR field with no related degree.
Preferred Education and Experience
A master's degree in human resource management or a related degree.
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification.
Experience requirements: 5+ years
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Paid time off, Parental leave, Paid Health insurance, Dental insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, 401K
Salary Range: Compensation based on experience
Contact information: Carol Bowman 817.773.6614
Special Instructions: apply online at https://thriveagency.com/jobs/hr-manager/