Vice President, Organization & Talent Development
This is a dynamic, forward thinking role that supports the company transformation, where your experience and strategic expertise around organizational design and development, talent development and transformational change will help build a culture that drives organizational engagement, development, and high performance.
This person will lead the design, development, and implementation of talent, leadership, and high-potential development programs across all First Command. The role will be responsible for building on the First Command philosophy and framework for talent development across the enterprise, envisioning and executing our development platform of training programs and critical leader experiences. Building upon an established framework and set of development programs, the role involves organizational diagnosis, instructional design, advising, coaching, facilitating, and delivering development solutions for leaders and individuals at all levels, both directly and in partnership with the leadership development team and our broader HR team.
Working collaboratively with HR leaders, executive leaders, business leaders, and other technical training functions this individual will continue to evolve the roadmap for leadership criteria, learning, development, and delivery across the entire company; making sure that all we do aligns with our culture. Leading a team of four, this group creates, selects, and delivers training and coaching solutions to all levels of the organization. The team is also responsible for development planning, program selection, delivery, and formalized coaching solutions for all corporate employees and Field Leaders. This team’s work provides the tools, programs, and experiences to ensure the workforce has the skills, knowledge, and capabilities critical to achieve business goals and objectives as well as have a bench of employees ready to take on broader roles.
- Design, implement and track change management tools and practices to support the organizational transformation
- Support the organization’s agile transformation by anticipating learning needs, solutions and delivery mechanisms
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the EVP Human Resources and Leadership Development and the broader organization in the areas of change leadership, organizational design, teaming, leadership, and people strategy
- Create, implement, and continuously refine a strategic organizational and talent development framework to deliver best-in-class scalable and modern solutions for continuous performance development and talent identification.
- Lead all leadership development efforts during times of rapid organizational change and Agile transformation across all levels for both the Home Office and the Field
- Partner with Service Leader to drive service culture
- Provide proactive identification of talent solutions, and clear direction on leadership learning and curriculum development that aligns with First Command’s leadership competencies, core values, and customer experience focus.
- Continue to implement and innovate programs and mechanisms that enable coaching, assessment, small group learning, digital technologies, and foster development company wide.
- In partnership with the HRBP’s support the talent management and succession planning process by enhancing the development process for high potentials. Identify common development needs from talent management process and create tools and programs to address them.
- Continue and innovate rigorous assessment strategy to promote insights for individual development.
- Develop and deliver a development driven coaching program to support the development of Field Leaders and Advisors.
- Provide coaching to leaders as needed.
- Develop partnership and act as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders and management advising them on talent development
- Work effectively with field leadership to ensure consistency of process and provide tools to enable fields leadership development efforts
- Effectively lead and develop the Leadership Development and Field Coaching team, staying up to date with innovative industry practices and learning transfer techniques.
- Budgetary responsibility for Home Office and Field leadership development and coaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- MA or PhD in Organizational Development, Leadership, Organizational Psychology, or Organizational Behavior preferred
- Coach certification at the PCC or MCC level preferred
- Advanced certifications in development assessments, leadership programs, organizational design, organizational change, and teaming.
- Certification in the following programs or assessments a plus: The Leadership Challenge, EQi 2.0, Situational Leadership, High Performance Coaching, or MBTI
- 10 years’ experience in organizational and/or learning and development or equivalent organizational transformational experience for a mid to large sized company
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly managing a team delivering leadership and talent development programs
- Experience with Organizational Development, Organizational Design, Change Management, Talent Management, Leadership Development and Organizational Transformation best practices
- Experience creating, developing, and facilitating leadership experiences and programs
- Breadth of experience in other industries, companies and/or best practices
- Experience working in an agile organization a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep knowledge of current and future industry best practices and trends
- Results oriented
- Both leadership development program design and instructional design expertise
- Executive coaching expertise at senior leadership levels
- High energy, self-starter, and comfortable managing a team working on projects dealing with complex, sensitive, and confidential issues
- Highly skilled, energizing, and creative facilitator
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic orientation; big picture thinking and skilled at outside-in thinking
- Willingness to continue personal learning journey and certifications
- Highly polished and professional with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Consummate team player
- Solid understanding of organizational development, leadership, and adult learning theories
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong networker to stay abreast of the most current thinking
- Ability to challenge executive leaders
1 FirstComm Plaza, Fort Worth, TX View the Google Map in full screen.