Chapter Q & A
What is ATD?
ATD (Association for Talent Development) is the world’s largest association dedicated to workplace learning and performance professionals with more than 60 years of presence and over 70,000 members from thousands of organizations in the United States and internationally.
What is the Fort Worth/Mid Cities chapter of ATD?
The Fort Worth/Mid Cities chapter of ATD is a group of local professionals that represent a large number of companies in the region.
What is the difference between the national and local chapter ATD organizations?
National ATD has a remarkable supply of resources and offers relevant professional development opportunities such as certificate programs, conferences, and events. The local chapter focuses on the needs of its local members by providing workshops and seminars on current trends and issues, opportunities to connect and share best practices, connecting employers and job-seekers, and much more. See comparison here
What can the ATD Fort Worth/Mid Cities chapter do for me?
- Stay Current – So you can provide more productive learning solutions, get access to excellent research material, play a leadership role in the profession, and grow and advance in your field.
- Increase Your Effectiveness – Saves you time, improves your solutions, enables you to come up with cutting edge solutions even with limited funds, allows access to on-demand development when you need it, and gives you a chance to benefit from best practices.
- Get Connected – Opportunities provided for networking with other professionals, attending conferences and seminars, meeting with workplace learning professionals, accelerating your time to proficiency, and getting answers to your specific questions. The annual Southwest Learning Summit and Exposition is another great development and networking opportunity which is hosted by Dallas ATD.
- Volunteer and Contribute – Give back to your profession, boost your expertise, learn new skills, receive further discounts if you are a chapter leader, and build leadership competency. Learn more about becoming a volunteer!
- Recognition – Motivate yourself and your organization and increase your productivity.
If I become a member of National ATD, does that mean I’m automatically a member of the Fort Worth/Mid Cities chapter and vice versa?
You can join the local Fort Worth/Mid Cities ATD Chapter OR the National ATD organization OR both. However we do not currently have a way to join both at the same time. There are certainly benefits to membership in both organizations.
How do I become a member?
Join Fort Worth Mid Cities ATD Chapter on our website by clicking here. Join the national ATD organization by going to their Become a Member page.
What is the cost of Fort Worth/Mid Cities ATD membership?
Pricing can be found on the Member page.
Do you do anything special for people who are going through a job transition?
The local Fort Worth/Mid Cities ATD chapter has a Job Board, which features local opportunities with contacts to connect with.
Can I join more than one local chapter at a time?
Yes, a member may join as many chapters as they would like. Our other DFW area chapter is Dallas ATD. To find a chapter near you, please visit the ATD Chapter Locator.